Maximize server-based storage flexibility and performance with the remarkable PowerEdge R730xd, part of the new 13th generation of PowerEdge servers. The R730xd offers an optimal balance of storage utilization, performance and cost with an optional in-server hybrid storage configuration that can support tiering and capacity for up to 28 drives in a 2S/2U system, including up to 18 x 1.8" SATA SSDs.
- Faster data access for faster application performance through flash capable configurations
- Enhance database performance by using flash drives to cache "hot" data, while simultaneously having up to 48TB2 of server-based storage with NL-SAS/SATA HDDs
- Improved Networking output with a 14 Core CPU delivering the performance you require for your SharePoint, Lync, Exchange and consolidated collaboration environments.
- DDR4 RAM that supports more, larger and higher-performance virtual machines per node, drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Multi-mode RAID controllers with twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, VMware® Virtual SAN™ (vSAN) and OpenStack Ceph
- Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller offers real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It also monitors server health, multiple internal parameters and system performance without requiring agents to be installed in the server operating system — agents which could require additional upkeep and consume valuable CPU time.
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at the system" management
INITIAL RELEASE DATE:
2 x Xeon E5-2650L V4
PROCESSOR CORES - THREADS:
14 Cores - 28 Threads - Each
- 24 DIMM Slots
- 192GB DDR4 RAM - Registered - 2666MHz
12 x 1TB SAS Drives - 3.5''
- 4 x 4TB SAS Drives - 3.5''
- 2 x 900GB SAS Drives - 2.5''
PERC H730P Mini
2 x 1100W Power Supplies
SLOT 1 - Low profile Half height PCIe x8
- SLOT 2 - Low profile Half height PCIe x8
- SLOT 3 - Low Profile Half height PCIe x8
- SLOT 4 - Full Length Full Height PCIe x16
- SLOT 5 - Full Length Full Height PCIe x8
- SLOT 6 - Full Length Full Height PCIe x16
INTERFACE / PORTS:
- USB management port/iDRAC Direct (Front)
- 2 x USB 3.0 (Back)
- 1 x USB 3.0 (Internal)
- 4 x 1GB RJ45 ports
- 1 x Serial (Back)
- 2 x VGA (1 Front, 1 Back)
- 2 x Flash memory card slots
- 1 x Internal Dual SD Module
Matrox G200eR2 graphics card with 16 MB capacity
48.2cm x 72.3cm x 8.73 cm